12-12-2016, 08:03 AM   #18
IvanLZ
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
Overall happy if BMW stop working on volume, good news if MB takes over No1 spot, maybe this way BMW will go back to it original formula, I simply never believed even Germans can do volume without blowing up quality, it was after all volume that screwed MB to 2nd place in the 90s.

BMW design is simply the best at lasting, BM simply age better, same goes for MB, Audi other the other hand are a complete disaster with age. Just look at how an e39 m sport in blue still looks good today.
Not a big fan of the massive screen like the one in the new MB, feel like you left your office two screen setup for another one, I do find the new 5 and 7 dash on a boring side.
Maybe is the conservative approach that makes BMW design stand out 20 years down the line, mind you Chris Bangle era was by far the most adventures in car design by all standards and yet so Avant-garde.
The crazy part of all this, MB got back on track with the design thanks to Karim Habib who move to MB from BMW, and shortly after the new face MB was developed, his now back with BMW.
Audi actually has aged really well... A4 and A5 just recently got a new model but i still find their old designs to look really good. The A7 came out 2010 and still looking as the best looking audi in the line up.
Appreciate 0