View Single Post
      10-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #21
adema24
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i

I did the one in Dallas this week also. The alone-in-the-car test drives are really fun. They will set up a route on the nav for you. For those test drives, it was non m cars, but of every series. I drove several different cars and was impressed for different reasons with each car.

For the autocross, I chose the 328d/428i. The instructors were all professional drivers with a laundry list of accomplishments. They do a few hot laps with you in the car, then it's your turn. You'll do a few laps in each car with the instructor next to you. After that is the time trial. I ended up placing second by 2/10ths of a second..

They put the cars in sport mode for you. Since they won't let you disable traction control, you must be very aware to not spin too much because TC will zap your speed like crazy.

There was also a wet pad where they douse the area in water and show you the benefits of TC.

I actually got invited to the VIP event last night (probably since I financed my old 335 through BMW FS) which consisted of the same by-yourself test drives, except this time was with the M cars and also an i8! We did the autocross course in a M3. You just hopped in the car with an instructor, you do a few laps, and then the next person drives. Up next was a 3 course tasting dinner with chef Jet Tila. He was hilarious and super nice. It was about an 90 minutes long with free drinks. I brought the gf along for that and she really enjoyed it.

All in all, it's a super wonderful event. #drivingisbelieving
Appreciate 1