12-03-2020, 09:39 AM   #98
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Well, to be fair, the G80 poll is within the G8X forums, not in the general/public discussion area for a greater number of members to vote in it, leading to less than 400 votes, and on top of that, many banned members do not have access to that poll or the ability to vote because of its post location, which could be considered sampling bias.

Even still, despite that, its clear representation that it is a polarizing design, with "strongly dislike" outweighing other options, more so than "love" or "like" the two positive options.
To be fair it's basically 31.66% like and 34.56% strongly dislike so 50/50. However it's pretty clear the "strongly dislike" camp is more vocal because if you go by the thread comments alone you would think it would the poll would have ended up 90% dislike. The reality is that the general populace doesn't have the same strong negative opinions which is why the big Lexus and Audi grilles have become commonplace and why BMW is going the same direction. I'm not an apologist as to me this looks fine for an EV and I didn't have grand illusions that BMW's first real EV SUV was going to look sexy and sporty based on the appearance of most EV's which are somewhat odd looking out of necessity to reduce drag.

Last edited by heavyD^2; 12-03-2020 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0