Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climate Changer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by German1967 View Post
So I added the new G29 (M40i) to my garage. I am keeping the 2015 M235 Coupe for now as I need a proper winter car. The M235 has about 40k miles on out and has been my DD ion the past four years. To date it has been flawless and I can recommend this car to anybody looking for a powerful fun car with DD qualities.

I went for the Z4 M40i purely for the fun factor and because I find the car simply stunning from both aesthetics (YMMV) and power delivery. At 382hp (M235: 320) the Z4 is just a “topless” rocket! Driving dynamics are excellent and steering seems actually more precise.

I wanted a convertible and was considering the M240 but did not want the “old tech” (cockpit, iDrive) that comes with it. The G29 is just the next generation of everything.

For all those 2-Series convertible owners (that truly don’t need a second row of barely usable seats) you should consider the Z4 as another option!
Great post and photos. I'm sure there a lot of 2ers thinking of the switch.
Since there is no remodel vert ahead.

How do you think it will handle in the snow with the right winter tires?

I'm on my 2nd 230i xdrive Lease is up in 7/21 And it will be my daily driver in NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climate Changer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by German1967 View Post
So I added the new G29 (M40i) to my garage. I am keeping the 2015 M235 Coupe for now as I need a proper winter car. The M235 has about 40k miles on out and has been my DD ion the past four years. To date it has been flawless and I can recommend this car to anybody looking for a powerful fun car with DD qualities.

I went for the Z4 M40i purely for the fun factor and because I find the car simply stunning from both aesthetics (YMMV) and power delivery. At 382hp (M235: 320) the Z4 is just a "topless" rocket! Driving dynamics are excellent and steering seems actually more precise.

I wanted a convertible and was considering the M240 but did not want the "old tech" (cockpit, iDrive) that comes with it. The G29 is just the next generation of everything.

For all those 2-Series convertible owners (that truly don't need a second row of barely usable seats) you should consider the Z4 as another option!
Great post and photos. I'm sure there a lot of 2ers thinking of the switch.
Since there is no remodel vert ahead.

How do you think it will handle in the snow with the right winter tires?

I'm on my 2nd 230i xdrive Lease is up in 7/21 And it will be my daily driver in NY
I can see the attraction of a Z4m40, but if I'm stepping to a 2-seater, I'd have to consider a Porsche Boxster S. Of course, I'm many years away from making that decision, but one can dream 😉
Appreciate 0