View Single Post
      04-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #17
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uisynot View Post
Did you have to roll your fenders for those to fit? I'm surprised you got 265 on there even with lowering kit!
The rear fenders on the M235i are rolled from the factory. I have had no issues with the rear tires. The trick is to use 8" wheels in the front and 9" wheels in the rear which is VERY difficult to find in the correct offsets. My only issue so far has been that once I was blasting in the mountains on a hair pin turn going uphill and hit a big dip type bump which fully compressed the suspension in a sharp turn. One of the front tires just scuffed the inside of the fender which is not rolled, it left a little black scuff about 1/2" long which just wiped off. There was no damage and it happened under extreme conditions. I adjusted the fenders just a bit, so far that is the only time it has rubbed that I know of. I like the ride that my car has, but on really rough pot hole infested roads, even in comfort mode it is jarring, probably like an M car. On moderate roads and the freeway it is quite comfortable. I'm about to take a long trip, that will be a good test.
Appreciate 0