10-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuan99 View Post
The issue with replacing center speaker is limited clearance for speaker magnet and basket.
Before working on an adapter you should just place replacement speaker over center cavity and see if front frame of speaker stays below dash surface.
Also removing center speaker sounds better IMHO.
It makes sound stage much wider.
Correct. Both akuan99 and I have replaced our speakers and looked into the center-channel retrofit issue. The 'cup' I talk about fits the curvature of the OEM CC speaker fairly tightly, and appears to function somewhat as a baffle. Your issue isn't the 20mm of room from the speaker mount to the dash lip -- your issue is the plastic behind the mount, where the basket and magnet fit into.

In the F22 Hi-Fi system, the rear deck speakers and the center channel speaker are exactly the same, right down to the part number. The rear deck mounts have no baffle and no plastic underneath, so pretty much any 4-incher will fit. The opposite is the case with the CC.
Appreciate 0