msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
I'm not sure of you setup, but here are my thoughts on your run
Thanks! That's some quality feedback.

- completely agree about being early on T9. I still don't have the balls to get to the outside edge there on the entry without some lifting. It's gonna take a bit more confidence building.

- I find braking for T2 super hard. It has to be a very gentle tap on the brakes to get from 100 to 85-ish, but I always overdo it and end up closer to 80. I loved how you kinda did something similar in that Evo lap, but then just kept accelerating through the turn. Not sure I have enough rear grip without aero to pull that off, but worth a shot.

- I'm definitely full throttle through T6. I think I wired my data capture system to the wrong (slower) CAN bus and it keeps dropping ECU data every once in a while. This lap it dropped some channels down the Omega and pretty much all of T5-T8. But yeah, there's room to stay on the throttle later down to T5 as well.

The Evo lap looks really really good too. The only thing I could spot was the entry to T3, where I guess you can carry more speed getting in wider.

My setup is fairly simple: M240i with no aero, no extra power (ok, an intake) and a fair bit of work trying to dial in the suspension and tires. Haven't looked at weight since I put in seats, but probably ~3400 lbs now. 245/265 RE71r-s. Then the typical stuff that our fake Ms need to get a bit more predictable: bushings, bigger sways, diff, more spring and dampening.
Appreciate 1