View Single Post
      05-09-2018, 08:40 AM   #37
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

I had the rollbar, seats, harnesses, and steering wheel installed yesterday. Here is a brief review for each piece.

M Performance Steering wheel: It is a flat bottom wheel so I was under the impression that it would allow for more clearance getting in and out of the car. That is not the case. It is the same exact diameter so the primary reason I bought the wheel is a bust. The thickness is... Thick. Much thicker than stock. The alcantara feels nice and durable, more so than the alcantara wheels on 911s.

StudioRSR Roll bar: What a nightmare. They advertised it as NASA spec and it could not have been any further from the truth. It sits lower than my helmet, there are only two bolt holes into the bottom of the car, the harness attachment is way too low, and the powder coating was splotchy. If you want car bling, go for it. If you need actual safety equipment, stay away. Dealing with them was also difficult. They were late on the promised delivery date and then they sent it to an address that does not exist. I am going to try and work something out with them but at this point, all the money spent on the part and install is a total waste. This will never pass inspection.

Racetech Seats/Harnesses: Wow they are comfortable. For those who have never sat in a racetech seat, you should. It is oem comfortable with big strong bolsters. The driving experience is completely changed. No more death grip on the steering wheel to hold on. The harnesses are comfortable and look great. They even have velcro on the side straps to hold them in place when not in use so that they don't clatter all over the place. We used the brey krause mounting plates so we were able to retain the power slider function. However, since I would like to sit a bit lower, I am going to switch it to a manual slider for the driver's side.
Attached Images

Instagram: @Capt_and
Appreciate 4
Dylan861330.00
Poochie9104.50