RotorOver
Newer 2er
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i (Sold)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Thanks for the info and pix. Your car looks great BTW. Those rears do look 'meaty" indeed.

I have to admit, the 17lb 18X8 do appeal to me. Saving another 1.6lbs per corner over the Untraleggera's is nice. However, @ twice the price + shipping then sourcing the tries and TPMS and having to pay again for mounting and balancing, I'm going to have sharpen my pencil and figure which way I want to go on this deal.

The Ultraleggera setup w/ Michelin tires, TPMS balancing and delivery come in a $2007 from Tire Rack. Realizing that pricing difference is small compared to the thousand$ race teams spend to shave unsprung weight. But may be hard for me to justify as a non-racing owner.

I found them here, but they list weight at 22lbs (which I assume is for the smallest rims).

https://www.outmotoring.com/bc-forge...rged-kl12.html

I'm surprised that so few wheel manufacturers list the weights of their wheels. I would think that would be one specification they would list at the forefront.

I realize most people buy for the looks rather than weight. I have a buddy that will spend $1000 to gain 8 more HP on his Challenger and then buy 40lb+ Foose chrome wheels for their looks. He may as well put a couple of 300lb cheerleaders in his back seat and then wonder why is 0-60 /1/4 mile time is actually greater than before.
Thanks. I ended up going custom because I couldn’t find a fitment I liked from what I saw being offered at the time. I knew I wanted to go 18x8 fr / 18x9 rear, lowered and 235/265 without rubbing. The folks running the Dinan spec had no issues so I tweaked that spec to what I wanted. The Ultraleggera look like a good option for a conservative, square set-up and a good price. Keep in mind the BC Forged at $2600-$2800 for custom forged wheels is a bargain.

On the weight, I weighed mine myself to verify what I was quoted. But like you said, hard to get that info most of the time. 22 lbs has to be for a bigger wheel. Thats funny about your buddy- the only thing on the weight is that it’s just expensive to get it all, fitment, loser weight and looks, but definitely a huge consideration.
2017 Audi Q5
Appreciate 0