View Single Post
      11-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Getting ready to order new Wheels and tires - thoughts?

After much consideration I've about to ull the trigger on a new wheel and tire set for my 2017 M240i.

I love the VMR 801v as they look so much like the BMW 666 wheels, but coming in at 21 lbs. each, I decided to forgo them.

Going through Tire Rack, I have in my cart a set of 18" OZ Ultraleggera wheels (18.6 lbs ea), TPMS (4) and a set of Michelin Super Sport tires.

Since shedding wheel and rotating weight is my primary concern, this is the lightest combo I could assemble through Tire Rack. The tires get very high marks on their test track and seem to have reasonable thread life for a max performance tire. I average about 3-3500 miles a year on my car, so these should last a good long time for me.

Everything I've read about OZ has been positive too. They have been in the racing wheel business a long time and appear to have a rather large following by the big race teams. the Ultraleggera's are the lightest I could find in my size w/o spending thousand$ per wheel for a pound or three lighter.

Living in Florida w/ excellent roads and no cold weather, this set-up seems to be about perfect.

As stated I like the looks of the VMR 801v more, but the Ultraleggera's are not bad considering the nearly 2 1/2 weight savings per wheel.

Any thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0