View Single Post
      11-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

Running with other events is encouraged. But each club has a enrollment fee and can quickly add up to a few hundred bucks even for just 1 day. Use https://www.motorsportreg.com/ for all the events in the area.

The trains will always be there until you get better as a driver. first 2 run groups are painful slow in most.

Basically learn the tracks with instructor based groups; ie: porsche/audi/bmwcca, or NASA or other clubs with instructors until you are cleared to solo, than you can run with any group you want.

The worst one by far is track nights. Bunch of cowboys, i have always had a verbal with other drivers at every one of these. Its super cheap for laps tho, but you wont be putting down any fast laps with trains and inexperienced ppl signing up for advanced groups.

NASA is cool, great ppl, great program here in the NE. You can start fresh and move through the program to start wheel to wheel or time attack. Speak to your instructor or Enrikay (funny dude who talks at driver meeting) about getting evaluated for solo sign off.

Porsche/audi/bmw all share same instructors, so ask where your guy is going to be next. Ask for his contact info, plan days together. Finding a good instructor that gets you and the car is kinda tough. Most instructors would enjoy the coaching, and free track time if you plan it out with them.

Theres a new one you prob seen on facebook, trackxperience. Its usually at saftey track NY. Its different than a typical track day, its more a lifestyle experience with some fast laps included. The owner Sam is ex lambo factory driver, heard he showed up in a gt2 911 last event. I think the lower run groups can have instructors if you ask for one. Heard overall a great/ safe event and the track is super grippy. I have yet to go, but im booking next year to check it out.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic

Last edited by bryan_G01; 11-07-2018 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
rich8566608.50