12-31-2017, 06:54 AM   #9
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
^^

So you’re a little over 50k. Still on original brakes? That’s a $1500+ bill right there if the dealer changes pads and rotors. If you have the ZF8 you should be getting that serviced soon. Original plugs? Ditto. Coolant flush, brake fluid, rear diff. Sure, you can skip all that and save money, but then you’re not properly maintaining the car. Bet your battery craps out next year. Of course the first few years are gong to be cheaper with a new car and free maintenance. The 2k annual budget was a long term extrapolation I came up with in anticipation of a six year ownership period, driving 16-17k per year. Year four could easily cost you 4k.
Dealer only maintenance per the BMW book and schedule. I keep complete records and defer no maintenance.....ever! I normally 'over' maintain my machines as I do not at all like problems.

Brakes and full service with plugs are completed on 2 bills. Brakes were dont at different times as they wear independently front to rear etc. Total for two bills with oil / filters/Klima service/disinfecction etc was 1500euros. By far the most I spend on the M235i.

Normal oil service is completed with tire changes and one alignment per year at wheel change price is normally 160euro or 210 with alignment service. This includes my storage fee for the wheels at the dealer.

The car is very reliable over time for me so far and only 1 guaranty/warranty claim for small clamp on the windshield spray system for the resevoir.
Appreciate 0