View Single Post
      01-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #240
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

For those in doubt between a 2nd hand Cayman or a M235i, or even between waiting for a M2 or giving the new Cayman a shot, I would like to share with you how independent a magazine review can be:

Alfa Romeo 4C vs Cayman on a track

Quote:
It‘s a LOT more serious than that. I was hoping that everyone knew by now that even with an almost full fuel tank the Alfa 4C could NEVER be slower than a base Cayman on a lap around a track, with the latter having an empty fuel tank or otherwise.

As for the Autoexpress I will let you judge for yourselves how far they are willing to go to help selling Porsches:

The vid shows that the Cayman completes the lap in 1:15 min and some tenths - I measured it several times and the best time I‘ve measured was 1:15,10 min.

The Alfa 4C effectively completes the lap around 1:12,70 min (taken or given some tenths). So, the Alfa 4C with an almost full fuel tank is OBVIOUSLY much faster than the Cayman even with an almost empty one - I don't know how you could ever doubt this even for a second.

In order to know the correct lap times of each car on the vid, all we have to do is to measure with a stopwatch ourselves because the guy on the vid keeps talking while he completes the measured lap and, apparently, without any interruptions... something we can't say about the images and their poor editing work.

In fact, did you ever ask yourselves why the time counting disappears from the images during the Cayman lap, except at the start and the end, while during the Alfa 4C lap it is always present?!

Moreover, did you ever look at the watch on the instrument cluster of the Alfa 4C during the hot lap?!

4:57 min -> the watch marks 15:26 (warm-up lap)
6:06 min -> the watch marks 15:27
6:11 min -> the watch marks 15:27
6:15 min -> the watch marks 15:27
6:21 min -> the watch marks 15:29
6:34 min -> the watch marks 15:27 (the time went backwards)
6:38 min -> the watch marks 15:29
6:40 min -> the watch marks 15:29
6:47 min -> the watch marks 15:30
6:51 min -> the watch marks 15:30
6:53 min -> the watch marks 15:30
7:05 min -> the watch marks 15:30

Don't you find it strange that a lap measured in 1:12,70 min has taken 3 minutes by the Alfa 4C's own watch?!

Maybe Einstein‘s Relativity Theory could explain this. Contrary to what happens to the images, the sound doesn't seem manipulated:

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 01-27-2014 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0