View Single Post
      01-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #4
JD11937
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio3 View Post
I was talking to an owner of an xDrive M240 about his car and he said he liked it but isn't looking forward to what he considered to be inevitable maintenance and reliability trouble with his driveline. He said XDrive cars are notorious for eventually always having costly problems.

Since I'm in the market now and was leaning toward XDrive for myself, but intend to upgrade power and drive something less than granny-like, he made me wonder if I would be better off with RWD + LSD.

Can anyone comment on the reliability of M240is with XDrive? Thanks ahead for your advice.
Whatever option you go with just stay on top of fluid changes. Whatever bmw tells you change your diff and transfer case fluids!!

M240 won't have drain plugs, only fill so it's a little more work. My local bmw dealership didn't even have a fluid change in the system to give me an estimate on price. They rather you kill your diff and charge you for a new one. In reality it's not difficult maintenance and you can do it yourself.

I have been running stage 2 e30 tune for about a year, daily and occasionally track my car and have had zero issues so far, 2017 M240xi.
Appreciate 0