03-22-2021, 01:43 PM   #101
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KroLeXz View Post
I embrace BMW moving forward into a new era. I don't BMW to be associated with old school or lagging behind innovation. I know this likely rubs some folks the wrong way, stop being a boomer ;p
More touch screens are not innovative they are lazy. More screens with more customization, all for that.

Innovation would be to make the access to commonly used items faster without me having to look for it.

My 750 climate control has touch screens for the Heated and cooled seats, they are so close together I can never hit the right one without looking and if you hit it just right they both turn on at the same time.

The future would be instantaneous voice control not touch. But its still too slow at this point. You have to ask it, it thinks then changes. I can push a steering wheel button for volume or turn a knob for climate control faster and my eyes never leave the road.

I am a tech guy (sometimes bleeding edge so) but tech also needs to function in the environment its meant for. Full on touch is nice for self driving cars which for me defeats the fun of driving.

I will have a hard time if they remove the idrive knob, and its buttons, its so fast and easy to access, having touch as a backup is nice but it's never my first choice. My 7 has all 4, voice, touch, gesture, and the idrive/steering wheel knob. 99% of the time I am using the steering wheel knob and buttons because its the most intuitive, fastest and safest route. Voice is at least better at calling people. Still not great for Navigation.