05-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #97
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
I concur 100% once again. And the "$30,000 millionaire" is a term I learned when I moved to Dallas. And it's so apparent and prevalent in my Uptown neighborhood. I chuckle almost every day. It's like "whyyyyyyyy????!"

Then there's the REAL millionaires. A lot of them in Big D. And unlike NY, I think there are more ostentatious rich folks in Dallas than on East Coast. Reminds me of LA, but rougher around the edges.

The pickup culture. Man! I love your analysis. First time I ever saw a "Texas Edition" truck. I was like, is this a novelty like the "DUB" emblems? Nope, it's a Real factory option.

Viffermike, when I get back, we should look each other up. I guess not all BMW guys are real car guys. Let's avoid cars and coffee with Mustangs though. Don't feel like going back to the hospital again. Lol!
Yep. Lots of second-gen financial/real estate/mineral and first-gen investment/dotcom money here. And you're absolutely right; people wear money on their sleeves and in their attitudes here, more so than anyplace I've ever been except Miami. And ohhhh dear GAWD the trust fund babies!!!

I live and work downtown (though I tend to avoid Uptown at all costs because the douchbaggery there is so all-enveloping it feels like extra humidity, LOL) so we'll be close ...

... but I think it's time we get a DFW 2 Series meetup organized. Despite the Arlington poster's comment, they're a number of us around!
Appreciate 0