05-13-2016, 12:38 PM   #93
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
I should be back in DFW by the summer. Would be good to attend a 2er roundup.

Got almost all of the work I wanted done here in NJ.

Now wondering if I need to get big turbo in NJ, or if I can wait when I get back to DFW.

Question is: anyone have big turbo in DFW, if so where would you recommend the installation?

Thanks!
Honestly, I think you have considerably more aftermarket resources -- both manufacturing and installing -- in NJ/Philly than we do here in North Texas. That's the sense I get based on the amount of tuner shops who are active on the Bimmerpost boards compared to here -- as well as the relative health and culture of the European aftermarket shop market here, which is not all that good.

We've lost two of the best BMW-specific tuner shops to come along in quite a while in the past year or so, and the major aftermarket companies based here focus on other luxury marques (Cobb, primarily), American muscle cars, or the ultrahigh end / exotics.

Texas' European-car tuners don't cater much to the grass roots. They cater to the price-no-object crowd -- and a Stage 3-class big-turbo mod to a 235 is already a pretty infrequent upgrade. Chances are that most interested in that will either have waited for an M2 or have a higher-designation ///M car, of which many populate the area (as I'm sure you know!).
Appreciate 1