View Single Post
      12-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #59
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I went ahead and put down my money for the Jehnert system. Don sells these systems really quickly, but is constantly getting new shipments in. I pick my car back up this Saturday and should have the speakers next week or the following. I'm excited to see how they work as a drop-in replacement for the stock system. It is a big investment in money, especially for a lease, but I am pretty sure I'll be able to use the same system in the next car, if I spring for an M2 on the next go.

Either way, I'll let everyone know what I think of each of the parts. Eventually I'll likely get a harness and amplifier to power the speakers. I might be able to get by with 2 channel amp to keep things simple, rather than going completely active with a 6 channel amp and running speaker wire all over the car. I don't really care to power the rear speakers unless I absolutely have to. I'm wondering if I can bypass the amp for the rear speakers and set the fader in iDrive to the front only without affecting PDC.