07-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #163
khj24
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Powerstop z23 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by khj24 View Post
Installed some Powerstop z23's today on all 4 corners and bedded them in. I'll keep this updated as time goes on.

-installation was simple, I saw something about the sensors not fitting in this thread, but all I did was use a screwdriver and a hammer to tap them in gently and that worked perfectly.

-initial impressions are great, very quiet and have a very good feel to them after the bedding in, the stock pads were louder especially the front drivers side even after I took them out and lubed them up a few weeks ago(worst when cold)

-can't really make a conclusive judgement about dust yet as it's only been maybe 10 miles, but that's the main reason why I bought these pads so I will be watching closely.
Been over a month now and I am really happy with these pads, the dust compared to stock is literally around 10-20% and it is so nice to not have to clean almost weekly. The pads are starting to make a few noises here and there, when reversing they give off a slight chirp which I really don't care about. They also get kind of squealy in the rain and when cold, but its not as bad as stock. Most of the noise seems to be coming from Front Driver's (maybe I only hear because its closer) which is exactly what stock was like too. Not really sure why that is happening as they are definitely lubed up properly and the rotor looks to be wearing normally.

I don't plan to really push these pads as most roads around are straight and don't really punish the pads, but if I were to ever track it I would definitely switch these out for something a little more appropriate.

I would definitely recommend these pads for normal every day driving.
Appreciate 0