im a car
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 220i M Sport | 520i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 220i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani220iM View Post
hello may i ask if i can change my 220i exhaust to M235 exhaust ? and what parts i have to change it ? then what about the sound after i change it ? cuz we know the 220i has 4cylinder and 2.0 liter while the M235 it has 6cylinder and 3.5 liter !

Regards,
Dani
You have to change the rear muffler and it technically isn't a direct fit, as the pipe diameters are off (235 is 80mm or something, 220 less) so you'll need to get it welded. You'll also have to change the rear diffuser (assuming you have an M Sport model) as the 235 exhaust has an additional tip (and the existing one on the left side is in the wrong position anyway). The muffler itself will obviously fit.

It's a tiny bit louder, but not by much. Unless you're only doing it for the looks, I'd buy a 235 M Performance exhaust or an aftermarket one, not worth the slight increase in sound IMO. But then I always had an aftermarket exhaust in mind and my solution was only meant to be temporary as I was quite time-limited. If you're adamant on a stock 235 muffler, then I suggest cutting out the resonator as well, as it adds a tiny bit of noise.

The 220 won't sound anything like a 235, apart from an engine swap.

'14 220i M Sport | AW/CR | PUR Wheels RS07 19" | KW V1 | MTC Design F2X Kit [CF] | Stage 1 ECU Tune | Eventuri CF Intake | Manhart Race Exhaust/Resonator Delete | ER HFC Downpipe | F8X LCA + TS | M Style Grilles | Gloss Black Roof | Custom Steering Wheel | Autotecknic Competition Shift Paddles [YMB]
Instagram: @icyj95 | FB
Appreciate 1