View Single Post
      07-21-2019, 04:03 PM   #18
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
No coding is necessary, btw. Perhaps if I want to remove the airbag warning light on the dash (if that's even possible), but not necessary for safety reasons.

It is possible to remove the stock occupancy sensor, but I've only talked to one person who has had it removed and successfully transplanted to a new seat. The sensor mat is now glued to the foam within the seat cover, so it takes some skill and precision to get it cleanly removed. As I did not want to ruin my stock seats and did not want to pay $600 for a spare seat cover in hopes I could find someone to transplant the sensor, I decided to forego it altogether and will just use a seat belt emulator resistor instead. Again, I'm not too worried about airbag functionality now that I understand what is going on and given how I will be driving it i.e. only likely time an adult passenger will be in the car is on track when you really don't want airbags going off anyhow.
With that usage, that makes sense. In that case, I would not do the rear seat delete, as by the time your child is old enough to sit up front (12+ years) you would want the air bag functional. Without that, staying in the rear would be his best situation.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
CP911986.50