07-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Thanks. That is the plan. I haven't used the rear seats yet, and my oldest is only 2.5 years old, so I don't see myself needing them in the foreseeable future. His car seat stays in my Nissan Armada... Poor kid is just going to have to wait until he's big enough to ride shotgun.

I haven't looked into rear seat delete kits or roll/harness bar options yet (I'm open to recommendations!), but I'm thinking for now I may just go with a Schroth Quick Fit system to keep things easy. Other than the marginal increase in roll-over safety for track days, I'm worried deleting the rear seats and adding a rear roll cage will yield net zero weight loss or maybe even a net gain, so not sure if it's worth the effort/cost. What do you guys think?

Otherwise, I also want to further reduce weight by going with a lightweight battery and CF hood all at the same time to keep the balance of the car in check. CF hood would just be painted body color as to keep the "sleeper" appearance...eventually some lighter wheels and some road/track coilovers as well. Oh yeah, louder exhaust too. . Should be done after all that unless I want to add more aero, but then I will start worrying about oil starvation of the B58 engine and I don't want to go down the path of engine mods. The car has plenty of power. Just needs to lose some weight.
That's awesome. I also am considering CF hood/roof long term. My car was a cpo deal of a lifetime, but came with a sunroof. While I like it, I'd like it better without it!

At that point, a harness bar/cage setup with buckets and seat delete would be in the picture