11-27-2021, 02:21 PM   #4
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
They are pretty good for dry locations, best choice if you have a lot of rain, but not very good for even a small amount of ice, true 3-season tyres.

The best all round tyre that is the only one that can really be called "all season" if you do want grip in the winter is the performance winter Michelin PA4, being best for wet locations and OK for dry roads. The tread wear will be high, though, going by a couple of friends who have run the comparable Pirelli Sottozero 3 tyre year round (even at autocross).

Really the gap between running a summer or UHP all-season tyre combined with a winter tyre for snow and ice conditions is vast compared with running an all-season or all weather tyre in snow and ice and keeping them on all year around.
Living in Florida, my reasons for using the Michelin A/S instead of the PS4S is to avoid the <40F constraint, get better tread life and get 'close' to the same dry performance. So, the A/S fits my requirements perfectly.
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 0