View Single Post
      01-05-2021, 01:45 PM   #5
joeduquette
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
From a performance perspective, the base car needs an LSD. You will definitely improve the car's ability to get and stay hooked-up by installing one.

My solid Al subframe bushings have had no discernable downsides over the last 9K miles of street driving. I considered them and the LSD as a pair to be installed at the same time, and that's what I did.

I'm in the 'burbs outside Cincinnati, and the roads here are so-so. They're better than where I used to live in New England. Still, between raised manhole covers and things like surface imperfections and the rare minor pothole, I do get the chance to see how the coilovers, front swaybar, and rear subframe bushings react to less-than-perfect roadways.

The difference I perceive is that the front's a little noisier than stock, and that's pretty much it. I'm getting nothing from the rear to tell me that I made a change, much less that it was a change for the worse. FWIW, I had the LSD and rear subframe bushings installed at 2K, and those miles were pretty much all highway miles at 65-70 MPH; so, not much to compare to.

What I will say is that the rear of this car hooks-up very well. I might not be able to say that if I only used the car on the street (where I don't drive particularly aggressively), but it was true on the track as well, where a lot more was asked of the car when exiting corners.

Cost aside, I recommend stiffer bushings to go with an LSD.
Thanks for the write up! I’m hoping these bushings help and guess I’ll have to look into the LSD now. Glad to hear the ride isn’t affected that much on the street tho.
Appreciate 1
dradernh4443.00