09-30-2018, 11:02 AM   #12
harryjfranco
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
You should always document any time you take your car in for service. Keep copies of all your receipts. An excel spreadsheet and a scanner work well for this.

BMW needs to fix your car regardless on whether you keep it or not. They're not just going to throw it away after your lease. If it's really as bad as you say, they should just let you terminate your lease early. However, it sounds like maybe the engine replacement is the root of most of your issues. Your car is a lease, so it's not like you care about depreciation. It might just be easier to take the fixed car and ride the rest of the lease out. I think the real problem here is that the other dealerships were lazy and didn't find the real problem. The broken axle might just be a fluke from when you ran over the pothole.

What type of issues were you having before? Do you think the cracked block could explain most of them?
They were not related to the engine block. They were different kind of problems, for example I had to bring in my car 3 times to bmw to get the same problem fixed which was behind the front bumper there was a plastic piece that kept on breaking and than dragging on the floor. BMW replaced it 3 times and till this day it’s still broken but I ripped the piece off myself this time and just let it be.

Anyways, that’s one example
I have copies of every service document, all documented by date, in folders. I’m very organized with this stuff. I account for every dollar I’ve spent on the vehicle as well.

I think you are correct where the first dealer was lazy with finding out the exact issue. I don’t think the pothole at to do with the axle because the tech said that the vibration I was feeling was definitely from that.

I loved the car and never wanted to get rid of it so quickly. Every time there was an issue I always said to myself okay this is the last time. Next time in threatening them with lemon, or calling BMW NA. But I never did bc of how much I was in love with the car.

But now, after all of this and the past month or so, I am fed up and now going to go through with all of this
Appreciate 0