02-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #44
ctemkin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM235iEstorilBlue View Post
Hi,
Need a bit of guidance as I know nothing about car audio. I just picked up a full Bavsound setup and based on much reading & research on these forums, realized it wont do much without an AMP upgrade too for my M235i with HK.

I see two coming up in the comments: a "bimmertech" 7 channel one and the Match Up 7BMW that the OP installed here and both appear to be identical in specs in manufacturer. Is that not the case?

Are these things all just Plug and Play? Do I need to be some sort of audio engineer to get them set up properly? Are both amps essentially the same thing or is one preferred over the other?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can advise.

Best,
M

Dear Miami,

Perhaps my experience would be helpful to you. After getting a 2018 240i, I bought the Bavsound stage 1 speakers, the Bavsound version 2 subs, and the Bimmertech amp that Bavsound sold with the speakers. This took place in stages, because not everything was available initially. Each time one of the HK components was replaced with a Bavsound component, there was a noticeable improvement in the sound, and when the final component, the subs, were installed, I found the overall sound to be excellent.

What is relevant to your question is that the amp had a pre-installed DSP program that worked so well that, even though I had acquired a microphone and planned to do some tweaking, I decided I was better off leaving it alone. According to someone at Bavsound I spoke to, the DSP program was tuned for the 2 Series using the Bavsound stage 1 speakers and ghost v. 2 subs.

I would recommend that you call Bavsound and ask whether this program, or perhaps another Bavsound program, would be right for your car and the Bavsound speakers you bought.
Appreciate 0