Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d xDrive M-Sport Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinisahabit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieF576 View Post
Looks brilliant! I have one problem doing the upgrade with mine though, I've fitted the screen and there was no problem there but after the coding the display doesn't seem to work...

In the coding the two entries you say to change are:
HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 8.8_1280x480
HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display

But when I go online with my car the entries I have are:
HU_ENTRY > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 8.8_1280x480
HU_ENTRY > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display

But it still doesn't work. In the original post it said you need HU_ENTRY so I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

When you start the car you can hear the radio and stuff, it's just the screen not displaying anything.

I had the same issue as you, I think I was getting a message that said 'no connection' or something like that.

Turned out the wire wasn't connected to the screen properly. Just double check the wire and make sure its plugged all the way in, and you should be good to go.
Thanks for the advice but I eventually got it working, I had bought the wrong screen, because of my head unit configuration etc I noticed my existing smaller screen had "L7 Mid" on it, I swapped it with an "L7 High" screen and it works excellently.

I'm guessing L7 is logic 7 I did post some pictures on this thread somewhere of it working
Appreciate 0