View Single Post
      09-20-2015, 02:18 AM   #4
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235 X-drive

I am a Tech at a BMW dealer in Edmonton. These Vehicles are being recalled due to large amounts of salt and water damage to the vehicle due to the massive snow storm and large changes in temp.

The selected Vehicles need to be inspected and see if they can be driven until a new suitable car Can be provided to the owner. If a Car is deemed un-safe then it is sent back as soon as possible and a new vehicle will hopefully be given to the owner right away.

The Vehicles are being Sent back to Germany to be inspected, repaired and then re-sold.. the Rumor from what i heard from the Shop Foreman who attended a training session in Vancouver about this recall said some may be sent to Dubai to be sold, since alot of vehicles can be registered as off-highway use vehicles, but this im un-sure.

All Euro cars sold in canada share the Same Port... As far as i know this happened to VW/Audi and they have not placed out a recall but are seeing alot of complaints from this. This being said, it is a very sad to see this happen, lots of M3's and M4's i see day to day being sent back...But at least BMW is being Pro-active about the problem.
Appreciate 0