View Single Post
      11-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
Uridian
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Sucks to hear about your issues. How are you liking your 228i compared to your E36 M3? Always been curious about this comparison as I have an E36 M3 as well
I really quite like it.

Without giving a full review (and highjacking my own thread too much), when I was shopping for the 228i, I was trying to get as close a driving experience to the E36 M as possible. That said, it's just as quick or quicker in a straight line, and handles acceptably (M Sport, not base model). It is softer and a lot more comfortable than the M, and not nearly as visceral. Even though they're extremely similar dimensions, the shape of the the 228i makes it feel noticeably larger than the M3.

One thing my 228i gives me (until now, I guess) is the fun driving experience in a daily driver that is reliable. My M3 is a mess. It spends more time in my garage than anything. And when I fix something, something else inevitably breaks. So, I will have fun with it and enjoy the shit out of it when I can. But if I want to have *close* to as much fun every day, the 228i fits that bill for me.

It also helped me not be tempted to spend more on the M235i, specially for my daily driver. The similar dimensions, hp/tq, and weight meant I knew I would be satisfied with the 228i's power and handling without feeling like I needed more since I am so happy with what the E36 M3 gives me.

/threadjack

AND... just got voicemail and my car is ready! Yay!
Appreciate 0