11-25-2021, 02:22 PM   #613
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
The speed of the Merc at Brazil was phenomenal,so how do you explain his pace without your figures? Ham-was-faster,I saw it on the screen not the figures, how do you know the figures are correct
Because being fast around a track is not directly proportional to straight line speed alone, cornering speed, downforce generation - related to braking (this is a huge reason why road cars can't brake with as much g forces as an F1 car, the next is mechanical grip of the tires)... If you knew F1 as well as you said you did you wouldn't have to pull things out of thin air to try to explain a phenomenon you see on tv, you'd be able to think more logically instead jumping straight to nonsense.

So the Mercedes may not be the fastest on track but it certainly up there hence why you see it being able to close the gap on nearly every car on the field. Then nothing else on the field holds a candle to the w12 in terms of downforce generation (redbull excluded) so it can out brake and out corner the rest of the field hence why overtaking was so easy looking (if you're not Bottas). So that's the logical explanation based on given facts in formula 1.

Next the figures are from the F1 taken radar traps, the same figures you see during the races in the bottom corner of the screen. So they've been taken via radar or lidar, which is much more accurate than what you see because you're insanely biased against Mercedes and so far you've only attributed everything to top speed and neglected every other factor.

Again all you've provided was "I saw this", I "I saw that" etc etc but no data. You literally have nothing to stand on, except your unnatural hate towards Mercedes in this debate.