View Single Post
      12-06-2018, 07:27 AM   #11
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorOver View Post
It looks like they have an offset of 40. Up front, that is exactly what I am running along with MPS4S 235x40 tires. The top of the tire sits inside the fender lip with no rubbing at all even on Dinan springs/bump stops.

In the rear I'm running 265x35 with et 50. It is pretty flush with that spec on Dinan springs. Running 18x8 et 40 will be pretty close to that- the rim 3mm inside that spec and a 265 tire 10mm further outside so you'll get a bit of tire poke. With 255x35 will be 5mm further outside so pretty close.

Here are some pics of my fitment so you'll have an idea what it will look like.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...&postcount=163
Thanks for the info and pix. Your car looks great BTW. Those rears do look 'meaty" indeed.

I have to admit, the 17lb 18X8 do appeal to me. Saving another 1.6lbs per corner over the Untraleggera's is nice. However, @ twice the price + shipping then sourcing the tries and TPMS and having to pay again for mounting and balancing, I'm going to have sharpen my pencil and figure which way I want to go on this deal.

The Ultraleggera setup w/ Michelin tires, TPMS balancing and delivery come in a $2007 from Tire Rack. Realizing that pricing difference is small compared to the thousand$ race teams spend to shave unsprung weight. But may be hard for me to justify as a non-racing owner.

I found them here, but they list weight at 22lbs (which I assume is for the smallest rims).

https://www.outmotoring.com/bc-forge...rged-kl12.html

I'm surprised that so few wheel manufacturers list the weights of their wheels. I would think that would be one specification they would list at the forefront.

I realize most people buy for the looks rather than weight. I have a buddy that will spend $1000 to gain 8 more HP on his Challenger and then buy 40lb+ Foose chrome wheels for their looks. He may as well put a couple of 300lb cheerleaders in his back seat and then wonder why is 0-60 /1/4 mile time is actually greater than before.
Appreciate 0