View Single Post
      11-06-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoulliard View Post
I am curious to know what recommendations people might have regarding clubs for HPDEs. I live on the east coast and I've done 5 events with NASA. These events have gone fairly well, but I'm considering other groups for 2019 (like Hooked on Driving, Track Daze, BMWCCA, etc).

I'd like to find a group that runs at NJMP. It would be nice to have smaller run groups and more track time. I am not interested in time trials or racing. Any recommendations?
I've only run with NASA at NJMP, so I don't have a specific recommendation for those tracks. I will say that the BMWCCA clubs I've run with have generally sponsored very well-run events and always with a focus on driver improvement.

The overloaded run group situation is definitely an issue with successful clubs. In that regard, I would say that once you're in an upper intermediate or advanced group the point-bys almost always come right on-time, and you're only held up in those sections where no passing is allowed. Even then, the drivers are moving along faster (everything else being equal), and you're not held up for very long.
Appreciate 0