View Single Post
      04-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #15
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Thanks Viffermike!

RE-Install of my JLA XD600 & the new JLA TWK 88 DSP (great little bit of kit for a really solid price!) using your little guide here. AWESOME post, and a great idea. (I did mount the metal panel back on the amp.)

I had to install the TWK so close to the XD600 to keep it on a big enough, still flat spot, still allowing room for the grommets/wires. I used a couple screws just to ensure everything sits still with the Velcro.

Installing the control knob for the TWK was a little tough. It's a little different from the amp's control. It controls sub volume (inner knob), front/rear volume (outer knob) and tune selection (you can create & store 6 presets; push the inner knob to switch thru presets).

And then there is an indicator LED that changes color; a color is assigned to each of the 6 presets. The thing is bright as hell, so I put it in the console. (I had to block it out with my finger to take a pic with it on!)

I was able to reinstall the HK amp, too. (Easy swap-outs!)

Tuning the TWK 88 was pretty easy. I used the MicW i436 & the "Analyzer" app for iPad, along with a pink noise file. Made for a fun afternoon.

Nice post man!
Attached Images

2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 2