View Single Post
      04-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #24
Namtab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voices View Post

Can any of the MW owners please post experiences and let me know how dirty the car gets? Are they easy to keep clean? I am coming from 3 black cars so definitely want something different.
I've owned a black car, metallic white car, silver car in my lifetime. Black was the worst and I will never go back to owning a black car. Not only does it get dirty very quickly after washing and waxing, but every imperfection from clear coat swirls and holograms to dents and dings shows up clearly.

Silver was the best all around color. Hid dirt and imperfections the best. Second choice is metallic white. White is a good color choice for a number of reasons. First, it reflects light so any clear coat scratches as well as dents and dings are difficult to spot. The added benefit to this is that if you decide to do a paint correction, you don't need to go beyond a stage 1 correction b/c you're not going to get any more depth from a white car. Second, you can use a sealant on a white car and get great results. White lacks depth b/c all the light gets reflected so a sealant instead of a wax will be all that's needed. Sealants are much easier to apply than waxes. All in all, you can't go wrong with a white car. In fact, I would only get a white or silver car and as much as I like EB, I think I'm going to go with glacier silver.
Appreciate 0