View Single Post
      11-19-2022, 05:18 PM   #12
RacerBowie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Several

So multiple thoughts:

First, my "knowledge" of the problem with oil starvation was from braking Gs and long LEFT hand turns. Now admittedly the long left handers knowledge I extrapolated from well known issues with older BMW inline 6 engines, but the architecture between the M series and the N series is similar and German engineers have always seemed to do the same things over and over.

In the M20, overfilling is generally good enough until have R compound tires and good suspension. I've been using that logic to hopefully be safe enough until I can get either the MMR baffle in there or convert whole hog to the S55 system.

As far as Road Atlanta... Let's just say I've got enough laps there that my phone auto completes road Atlanta from "road". 😂

In a car like ours, 10b and 12 are two separate turns with a bendy straight between them. You exit 10b in third, straighten briefly, bend back right to go under the bridge more or less under the red square and touch or slightly cross the white line for the pit entry lane, then let the car drift back left down the hill to set up for 12. Shift to 4th and feather the throttle while berating yourself internally for not staying flat the whole way down the hill even though it's a street car with no safety equipment and 12 is fast fast fast.

So there's a sold few seconds where there are no real lateral Gs happening for the oil to settle.
Appreciate 2
dradernh4413.00
Cos270608.50