View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Conti DWS06 > Mich Pilot AS3+

Let me preface this by saying that I'm in the Pacific NW where we get maybe 1-3 days of snow per year on average so I don't feel the need for dedicated snow tires. I can't justify the cost and the space it takes up in my garage for a second set of tires. I've ran 2 sets of Continental DWS06 on my previous car (E92 335i) for 4 years and really liked how they gripped in the sub-freezing temps. This morning it was 31 degrees and the roads were slick and I was sliding all over the place going 15-20mph and felt like I was on ice skates! I've never had this issue with the DWS06's and they handled quite well in iced over roads. I went with the new Mich Pilot AS3+ because of all the great reviews but I can tell you that the DWS06 is much better suited for icy roads. I'm very disappointed in the cold weather performance of the Michelin's. They have around 4000 miles on them so they're well broken-in at this point. Once these tires wear, I'll go back to the Conti's. Anyone else disappointed in the Michelin's?
Appreciate 0