View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 03:42 PM   #51
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc5150 View Post
I personally prefer the xdrive for the added grip, even on just wet streets. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Launches are fun and more confident too. There's no shortage of AWD high-performance cars in FL
If you are prone to do wide open throttle launches on wet streets, there may be a benefit, although the wisdom is in question. No benefit for braking/turning in the wet. But, having it and not needing it does come at a cost...financial, weight, steering feel, maintenance...it's not a "free choice". Truly high performance cars....M5, Porsches, etc. with AWD have that configuration to allow their extreme torque to be delivered on dry roads without wheelspin. That's not quite the 2 Series situation for almost all drivers.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
MissVito216.50