View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #17
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Size-wise, the BRZ and FRS would be a more comparable vehicle at 167" vs the F22's 175" while the Ford comes in a 188". The BRZ average curb weight clocks in around 2800lbs. Of course FWD vs RWD so it's not apples to apples, but it does weigh much lighter. And of course the rear seats in the BRZ/FRS are hardly useable.
I drive my son's FRS fairly often. The light weight and incredible steering are intoxicating. But it is a WAY smaller car. The rear seats can barely hold small children, and the trunk is a third the size of ours. Plenty of room for the driver, but that's it.

It is also very obvious how those weight savings were achieved. The car has virtually no creature comforts, all the materiels (except the seat) are thin and cheap and rattley, there is zero sound isolation, and the car is just tiring to drive after a couple hours.

In contrast, my M235 is a very comfortable all day cruiser, with a much more powerful engine. If that takes 600 pounds more, well, it's worth it to me.

(And as others have pointed out, the FRS/BRZ is RWD. Even comes with a stock LSD, which convinced me to install the LSD on my 2.)
Appreciate 0