Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
It's funny you should say that... I have a '15 F80 M3 with 92xx miles in the shop currently that has DP's and a full exhaust married with a JB4, and this client too fell victim to a shotty programmer IMO... Vehicle that was diagnosed with "vehicle tampering" and an engine that was revved beyond it's factory limitations. The clients S55 motor has 30psi in cylinder 1 and after a leak down test we find a bent valve due to impact with the piston. This further supports my statement in saying why the oh so famous JB4 should still IMO be beta phase because nothing seems safe granted that it's just a piggyback. Client states that he was doing moderate spirited driving on map 1 when the incident happened, and cannot recall driving the vehicle aggressively per say granted he had a 400+ mile trek home. On top of bending the valve he also snapped the vanos bolts in the process, now what separates this vehicle from the OP or what "saves" this client is because there were and still is a pending recall for the vanos bolts for the N52/N55 engines, being that the S55's base plant design were stemmed from those particular engines. Still it was shocking to see that something so catastrophic can happen to such a high performance hand assembled engine, something that was obviously accelerated due to quite possibly outside influence...
Hope this isn't who I think it is.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0