View Single Post
      01-05-2022, 04:35 PM   #18
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

update: some good some not so good

so the detailer took it in and gave it a wash to check it out, he said how good do I want it, because if I wanted it perfect, only a respray, but he would be able to hide as much as he could but there were some pretty deep patches, and he went as far as he could without burning the clear coat.

I'm still unhappy with my OCD, but TBH, it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb, under flood lights you can see a line, in daylight just looking at the carm it's good, get it in the right light, you can see "some" of the line.

I'm going to leave it for summer and see how I feel, I "DONT" wanna respray the hood and fender, unless I get into an accident and can claim it off a 3rd party

So what was the damage, (just under $1000) , but let me break it down for you.

I had some curb rash on 2 wheels, there were a few other scratches on a couple of other panels also in order to blend it in he recommended a full polish, the surface was very heavily contaminated.

The end result "other" than the line was very good, the wheels were perfect, the whole body, except 2 lines, not a mark,and also no orange peel anywhere and the body was smooth as silk, her detailed the whole car inside and out.

He was also sending me pictures and video's as he was doing it. I tried taking some pics but it was hard, today it rained and under the flood lights was difficult, I'll maybe have another guy I know take a look at it and confirm they "can't" take it down any further.

so
1 wheel curb rash 100
1 wheel curb rash 120
hand wash 20
remove rough paint and contaminants and make smooth again 99
repair hood scratch 100
4 stage power polish 400
+tax
TBH the car really needed the additional TLC, a pity he couldnt get the full scratch out,
but as said he stopped and didnt wanna take it too far
Appreciate 0