View Single Post
      10-10-2019, 12:18 AM   #86
POMFKIMOCHI
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT/RWD EBII

To hop on the supportive bandwagon,

the 6MT in the m240 is literally one of the easiest clutch/shifter combo's I've ever driven, and the added fun-factor that RWD gives lead me to decide that it would be my perfect first car (so I got it!) I have driven many different sports cars in the class (dct and manual), and I long deliberated between getting the auto or 4WD versions (even the soft top), and am very satisfied and relieved that I went with the much more sensible option.

I have let 6 different women try their hand at learning/trying manual, and only 1 has actually managed to stall the car (put into a stressful situation), it's almost impossible to stall unless you just let out the clutch with no gas input.

It's a sporty car, that feels best when it's being used properly. If you really wanted just the straight line performance, or winter safety of this class of vehicle, I would wholly recommend an RS3 instead.

But for (true) drivers like yourself that "just want to enjoy the car and driving experience", then you HAVE to get the 6MT RWD or you'll regret it.
Appreciate 0