Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanekstudio View Post
Do you have any drone with the AA Exhaust? I'm debating to get one or go with the Dinan.
there is no constant drone. i was also very concerned about that potential issue, but after reading enough posts on here about the AA exhaust i pulled the trigger. it's the first aftermarket exhaust i've ever put on a car in nearly 35 years of car ownership.

now...to be clear...the exhaust is noticeable (but not obnoxious) on cold start-up, whenever you get on the throttle with some vigor, and when downshifting (even with the 8AT). if you're light on the throttle you can easily minimize the noise levels. it seems to be the perfect beginner exhaust mod for anyone who might feel a little self-conscious about projecting a racer-boi image...but wants to be reminded that they're driving a sports coupe.

edit/update: so i paid a little more attention on my morning commute to see how often i really noticed the sound. start-up and low RPMs when cold is noticeable but not obnoxious. on light accelerate from a stop there's a little growl until it mellows to barely audible. around every gear shift there's another low growl, but again, it's not obnoxious. cruising at highway speeds under steady ~2700 RPM, the sound is basically inaudible / below other road noise. i'm totally happy with this exhaust...no regrets at all.

i only wish AA made an option for gloss black tips!!!
Thank You for the detail info, I'm glade you really like it! It sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, just enough bang when you really want it.

As you said I wish there was a black tips option like the Dinan...
Appreciate 0