View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #4
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
i've posted this same response previously...

i've owned many BMWs but kept them mostly stock with the exception of wheels/tires. on my current 228i xdrive, which is also my daily driver (100 miles round trip), i've done the following basic mods in order of how i completed them:
- BAV sound stage 1 to replace the *horrible* OEM base speakers;
- active autowerke axleback exhaust to replace the weak, rattletrap OEM muffler (disabled the exhaust actuator);
- pipercross PP1885 drop-oil filter (apparently cold-air filters dont really add much for their cost on these specific cars)
- dinantronics sport performance tuner - basically the mildest tune you can put on this car. i'm a high mileage commuter and i didnt want to overtax the engine in any way. that said lots of guys have tuned this over 400 hp and it sounds like the charge pipe is really the only things that needs to be upgraded to accommodate the power / boost increase...and maybe the intercooler if you're going to track it.

i might do a few styling items: black gloss small spoiler and black gloss kidney grill.

by far the most popular mod is wheels and tires...but given that i'm a high-mileage commute, i just dont think it's worth the money for me...and i like the safety factor of the pirelli run-flats so i dont have to worry about changing a tire on the side of busy highways. that said, i might add a set of winter wheels and tires for the upcoming season.

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 0