View Single Post
      08-09-2019, 05:31 PM   #70
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

^Good points and I agree.

I'd also note that the 6MT is WAY more dependent on you revving out the rpms/gears to get max acceleration. With the auto, you can be a bit lazier with which gear you're in as the gearing is so much deeper, especially 1 through 4.

There's more turbo lag with the 6MT and I couldn't perceive much with the auto. This is to be expected given the nature of an auto. On full throttle shifts and in Sport+/DSC Off modes, the turbo lag in the 6MT is significantly reduced, but still way more present than the auto.

When I test drove the M235 8AT and going full throttle in Sport+ and letting the car shift itself, it felt almost CVT-like in that the gearing was so tight and the shifts basically seamless. You can hear the shifts, but the shift shock is very minimal. In manual mode though, there's a lot more shift shock which I prefer, but it felt slower doing it that way and some shifts seemed excessively hard.