03-23-2016, 09:49 AM   #111
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx911 View Post
Is there a reason why you only modified chamber 3? Most people also weld chamber 1.

Anyone returned the fibergas in the second chamber? Or does it not have any effect?
Delete the fibergas or let it in, is there a big difference in sound or drone?
Chamber 1 was a pain to weld all the perforations, but you can definitely do that. The y pipe inside is a complex shape, so replacing it with a straight tube is difficult...but it is doable. Note: if you weld it, the inside of the Y will not be smooth....

There is fiberglass in the 2nd chamber but it has a straight core.

The fiberglass removal will let you hear more sound, as with replacing the perf cores with solid tubing. The reason I have no drone is likely because I have still have the backbox and some of the stock structure.

But outside, it sounds quite loud. Very aggressive. The cabin is very well insulated.

If you rub pure straight pipes, I'm very certain it will drone. I chat with a couple guys running straight pipes, including the Castro setup. Both drone.

The fact that Fabspeeds doesn't drone, I don't know. If you listen to their video you can hear the mic vibrate and resonate at certain RPMs...to me, if there's drone, you'll feel it inside the cabin.
Appreciate 0