View Single Post
      07-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #49
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Presidents do not (and should not) govern by public opinion polls. If they did Lincoln would have "gotten us out" of the Civil War and Truman would have left the South Koreans to fend for themselves.

Presidents are expected to do what is best for the nation regardless of its popularity. There is nothing arrogant or ignorant to the belief that we should win the wars we fight rather than surrender to our enemies.
SO, we're told of the beauty of our democracy, that we're based on it...now you tell us it is a lie.

What is flawed with my reasonong up there, please explain. Stop with your BULL SHIT smart ass comments as I can probably start running circles around you on different, and probably similar topics...

What is wrong with Bush being elected by the people, Senat the same, and Bush playing a cowboy thretening to vito everything that people that elected him try to change???

It is turnoing into the dictatorship and he should (as I said MANY times) be responsible in the court of law for all that!
Appreciate 0