Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: CM E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
I'm surprised that the 17x9 ET42s fit up front for you with no spacers. Generally we recommend spacers with this setup as we've had feedback in the past that they are required even for guys running 245s. We have yet to do a test fitment in-house for these wheels though.
I'm going to guess then that the Koni HD-based single-adjustable coilover that TC Kline put on my car in front is an especially kind design when it comes to fitting the wider tires we all like so much.

I didn't measure the tire-to-strut clearance, but I do recall eyeballing it and it not being close to the point where you'd go "Uh-oh". It is close enough that the nibs on the 255/40-17 Toyo R888R left black lines on the strut body. That issue was strictly cosmetic, though.

Given that almost no one does or can afford to do test fitments, I wonder if the Koni-based kits that TC Kline sells are something that more 2 Series owners wanting to run wide wheels and tires should consider.
I will be buying tc Kline's soon. I'm surprised my oem struts are still alive and well considering the amount of curb hopping I do.

I'm a big fan of tc products.
1998 S54 E36 M3 BMWCCA Club Racing #532 CM
1995 E36 M3 Sunbelt S52
Appreciate 0