View Single Post
      03-02-2022, 08:24 AM   #23
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
Springs dictate the ride height not shocks or struts. If you can push the rod down with your bare hands do you think your car will have troubles? Can you do the same with the springs? Not likely unless you're a gorilla.
Bilstein dampers has been known to increase ride height for many people including myself. Bilstein says it's due to the increased gas pressure and the newness of the parts. They also say it shouldn't but it does increase height as it did with my previous applications. Some guys even experienced this with lowering springs until some weeks or months has passed to give time to settle. Depending on your set up, you may not notice it. Suspension geometry changes is common with these installs. This is why an alignment may be necessary to help correct angels.

Anyone with some actual experience with the setup in question? If you experienced an increase in height, how long did it take for car to settle? My previous setup didn't seem to budge for nearly a year. By that time I was use to seeing it that way.

Can anyone comment on their personal experience with the dampers performance and handling on stock springs? I'd like to know what improved on the car and if you desired stiffer front springs to get rid of body roll even after the dampers.
Appreciate 0