MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

ordering and question on program

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcollier91 View Post
Hello,

I test drove an m240i yesterday, and was blown away. I'm considering ordering, as my preferred configuration (manual, namely) is hard to come by. I looked over the port install options, and would like a couple of those too. Can someone explain to me what the ordering process is like? Do I configure my car on the BMW site, and then also mention to my dealer I would like certain port installed options?

With that said, is there any sort of negotiation power when ordering these cars? My employer offers the BMW purchase program, which looks like 1.5-3k off invoice depending on which financing I choose. I don't know if I'd be better off trying to negotiate myself (not too confident in my ability). The dealers website has prices which seem a little high to me, high 50's for most of them. Not looking to add a ton of options myself, I don't think I even want the premium package, as I live in north FL and heated seats and steering wheel have little value and the other options don't seem worth 2.5k to me. Anyone else feel it's worth it?

Any additional tips for a bmw newbie are appreciated!
I have a M240i on order and ordered the M235i that I drive now. Also ordered other BMWs (1 series, M3s) before these cars. Most were dealer deliveries, but have also done Euro delivery. Most were also manual transmissions. Ordering is a great way to get exactly what you want.

$1.5 - 3K under invoice sounds like a great deal. What program is this?
Appreciate 0