View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #174
Tåst
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Either they are working on a surprise 4 cylinder (or 3) which will be able to give similar performance to M2 compared to both 1M and at least new A45AMG to be competitive or they will offer a version of existing I6s and in both cases they don't want to make their choice public (I believe they already made their mind, decision is taken). Maybe a desire to watch market reaction to next M3/M4 first? Not to let certain potential buyers of next M3/M4 choose to wait for the M2? Or to see how well newcomers like A45 AMG, next RS3 or a Alfa 4C fare against each other and existing BMW models?

Despite the success of 1M and now M135i I still sense a half-heartedness of BMW with regard to their "entry level M car". It is still not a priority. Hope I am wrong.
I think witch platform will be best and I chooce I6, it just sound better with turbos and when redline is 7000. 1M whit akrapovic , but some Mitsubishi Evo whith aftermarket exhaust or F30 328i, sound like vacuum cleaner. I3 and I4 needs balance shafts too, so not smooth or fast revving than I6.

Bmw has only manufacturer which prefer Inline six and I think they should be keep it that way. Bmw is also manufacturer which keep things "old school", M2 will got Lsd, rwd, over 300bhp, manual gearbox and hopefully L6 engine, what Audi or Merc offers? fwd based awd and turbocharged I4 engine which is located in front of the front axle and only choose to get car is flappy paddle gearbox.
Appreciate 0